The Animal Monitoring Platform is proud to announce the launch of the affordable automatic sample feeder and sampler robot for liquids such as milk, water, blood or urine or any other aqueous samples. The first model of the auto-sampler which will be launched is “AMPI H5” which has various, customisable features.
What is it, what does it do?
Each AMPI automatic sample feeder is in its most basic version an automatic sample changer. Such automatic sample changer allows to test a tray or rack of between 40 to 100 sample vials (sample cups, pots, tubes) sequentially. Such rack or tray of samples is a two dimensional plane where the sample vials (sample tubes, cups, pots) are positioned. The sample probe (also called sample needle or sample aspiration or sucking tube) of the automatic sample changer will move from sample to sample (i.e. sequentially) each time a signal (instruction) is received from an external source (or automatically, after a given time delay, optional).
How many samples (maximum)?
The exact amount of samples which can be tested in one tray or rack, depends on the size of the sample vials (also called sample cups or sample pots). The default is now fixed on 49 samples but customisation is possible. A rack or tray of 216x216mm (prelim. specs, can change without prior notification, please contact us) can be placed on the device. As a concrete example, these dimensions lead to around 10 by 10 sample vials (100 sample vials in total) in case the vials have an 18mm diameter and 2mm spacing on the rack (tray) between the vials (cups, pots).
Of course we can also make larger size upon request. Please contact us via the online form so we understand your exact need.
Sample probe with or without pump?
The automatic sample feeder operates via an aluminium or the plastic sample probe (also called sample needle or sample aspiration / sucking tube) which moves from sample to sample. Optionally a peristaltic pump for sucking the liquid from each sample vial (or sample cup or pot) can be included. Such optional peristaltic pump also enables automatic rinsing of the tubes and probe besides enabling stirring and homogenising of the liquids before actual measurement starts (sample preparation).
Sampler versus sample changer / sample feeder.
Finally, with peristaltic pump and in the optional reverse mode, the device can also operate as a true sampler by injecting an exact dose of liquid into each sample vial (sample cup).
Which signals or instructions are needed?
Via a signal (a string in your preferred format) on a communication port of the automatic sample feeder (USB, RS232, Wifi, Bluetooth, CANbus) , the sample probe (also called sample needle or sample sucking tube) of the sample feeder will move to the center of the next sample position in order to access the acqueous liquid (milk, blood, urine, other) in that sample vial.
The default instructions (strings) which are needed over RS232 will be specified in the coming months. Please contact us in the meantime; we usually customise according to your needs.
Who customises, who programs?
The sample vials are positioned on a two dimensional plane (basically a rack or tray of samples). In our factory, we program the sample vial positions depending on your sample cup (sample vial, pot) size. Common sample vial sizes are for instance 32mm as upper diameter. The next sample position will therefore be fixed at about 36mm from the previous sample position. The advantage of us performing the customisations is that we can fully test the system and we are used to customise.
Characteristics of “AMPI H5”:
In October 2017, we will launch the “AMPI H5” with the following preliminary characteristics:
- End-user pricing starts from €2470 EXW per sample feeder unit for water, urine, milk or blood (aqueous liquids) testing and goes up to €4390 Mastitis: EXW (excluding upfront costs for customisation and for on-demand certification)
- Low maximum operating speed, max. 3000 samples/day
- Operation at room temperature
- No certificates besides TUV or SGS for electronics, no FDA approvals (on request)
- USB or RS232 communication for instructions from and to your instrument, sensor, equipment or computer
- Dimensions approx. 450x450x300mm, around 15kg total
- 110VAC or 240VAC, confirm during ordering
- Sample vials (cups) positions with cups or vial size from 10 to 80mm can be pre-programmed in our factory with according rack or tray, for a minimum ordering volume (MOQ, nr of devices ordered).
- Vertical movement of aspiration / sucking tube can be pre-programmed in our factory from 10 to 50mm
- Integrated liquid (milk, blood, urine, water) level gauge to detect empty or insufficient samples
- Automated recalibration menu option for two dimensional positioning system
- 2 rinsing positions
These preliminary specifications can change at any time without prior notice. The prelim. drawing shown is only an illustration, not final. Final specifications will be confirmed on a best effort basis once you place your order.
Optional features, future AMPI Sample Feeder models:
On future models, such as the high-end model “AMPI H5” we can include extra features. Please indicate on the online quote request form which optional features are important to you:
- integrated peristaltic pump for sucking liquids, for injecting liquids (with sampler mode) and for auto-rinsing (with separate rinsing cups)
- Wifi connection
- Bluetooth connection
- temperature sensor
- liquid stirrer and homogeniser (mechanical)
- flow and blockage detection
- speaker for audio signal if crucial errors occur
- advanced level sensor for gauging the level of liquid in each vial or cup
- barcode scanner, RFID reader
- integrated thermal microprinter
- integrated LCD display
- 12VDC power supply option (for operation in truck or car)
- sampler mode: reverse mode for injecting an exact dose of liquid in each sample vial (sample cup)
- feeder and sampler programming software for creating your own sample feeding and liquid sampling modes (+€690 EXW per 3y license per user)
- full sample preparation options: dilution, stirring, heating, cooling
A specific implementation of the AMPI H5 sample changer is used for Ekomilk Horizon.The AMPI H5 Ekomilk model has a specific set of features and functionalities, custom-made (tailored) for Ekomilk Horizon. Ekomilk Horizon allows somatic cell count and physical / chemical composition analysis in milk at about $0.04 per test.
The link to the online quote request (RFQ, offer request) form can be found here.